I am a BACP, COSRT and EMDR Europe accredited, Relate and ICEEFT certified couple counsellor,
psychotherapist and sex therapist with over 20 years' experience. I have
my own private practices in both Oxford and Bicester. I offer family therapy, short or
longer term therapy to heterosexual, LGBT individuals and couples.
I also provide clinical supervision for qualified counsellors and trainees.
My background is within the primary care setting, where I have gained a wealth of knowledge and experience working with a wide range of issues including trauma, depression, anxiety and bereavement.
As an experienced integrative counsellor and psychotherapist, I am qualified to use a range of approaches to fit with your specific needs. Depending on your circumstances and preferred way of working, this may involve incorporating elements of:
• Psychodynamic approach to explore how past experiences may have impacted on an individual’s actions, decisions and relationships
• Systemic Therapy to promote change by looking at how each person interacts in the couple, family and wider system
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with a focus on the present to look at learned behaviours and negative thought patterns whilst devising strategies to break the vicious cycles
• Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) to create a shift in partners’ interactions and foster the formation of a secure bond between partners; to initiate and reinforce positive cycles of interaction through re-organising and expanding key emotional responses in partners
• Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) to process traumatic memories, alleviating the impact of stress, anxiety, depression and hypervigilance so that adaptive responses can be made in the present rather than re-living the traumatic event each time a trigger experience happens
• Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) An energy psychological approach to process and clear impacts of traumas energetically held in our body, mind, and spirit whilst awakening individual positive qualities in a holistic and gentle way. It facilitates long lasting change by getting to the root of trauma patterns so that the link between past unhealed trauma and current difficulties can be removed.
• Diploma in Integrative Counselling
• Relate Certificate in Couples Counselling
• Post-graduate Diploma in Relationship and Psychosexual Therapy
• Relate qualified trainer in counselling skills
• MSc in Education and Public Health
• Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision
• Attachment-focused EMDR training for complex trauma
• Certified Emotionally Focused Couple Therapist (EFT) ICEEFT
(International Centre for Excellence in EFT)
• Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy Training (EFIT) ICEEFT
• Certified AIT practitioner
• Converging Streams Foundation Course Energy Psychotherapy Training
• Advanced Integrative Therapy (AIT) Energy Psychotherapy Training
• Hypnotherapy and Mindfulness Training
• Advanced Certificate in Eating Disorders
• Accredited member of BACP (British Association of Counsellors and
• Accredited member of COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship
• Accredited member of EMDR UK & Ireland Association
• Lifelong member of ICEEFT (International Centre for Excellence in
Emotionally Focused Therapy)
• Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist of UKRCP
(United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
I am a recognised provider for Aviva and WPA Health Insurance
I am committed to Continuing Professional Development in Counselling and Psychotherapy and follow the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), COSRT and EMDR Europe Association. I hold full professional indemnity and public liability insurance.